England Netball’s aim is to ensure that everyone can enjoy the sport, keep fit, and have fun. To ensure that young people and adults at risk can play netball in a safe, secure environment, each person who applies to work in a ‘regulated activity’ within England Netball is required to have an Enhanced DBS check. This helps in our quest to safeguard these vulnerable participants in our game. England Netball carries out enhanced DBS checks because it is illegal for anyone barred by the DBS to apply to work with children
Who should be DBS checked?
DBS checks should be carried on Coaches, Club Safeguarding Officers, Team Managers, Officiating Tutors, Mentors, First Aiders and Primary Carers. Applicants must be 16 years of age to be DBS checked.
The process takes about 4-6 weeks when DBS certificates will be issued.
Volunteers pay £11.40 to TMG CRB (the England Netball DBS umbrella company) which covers administration costs. England Netball’s policy is to have a new DBS check every 3 years.
If I or someone at the Club would like a DBS check, what do I do?
The Volunteer Applicant Registers Online here
Type in Organisation PIN – 100212
Enter your name, email address and create a password
Secret word: Hitchin (this word is case sensitive)
Click ‘Register‘ to be directed to the login page.
Login: Input the login information requested. This completes the registration process. TMG CRB will send you an auto-response. Now applicant continues with the following steps:
- Personal Details – complete personal details page.
- Identity Documents – select and collate the identification documentation as described online.
- Summary – complete the Summary page, then click ‘Submit to Organisation‘. This is now ready for verification.
- Verification. Applicants arrange to meet the document verifier (Ruth Hughes) and takes identification documents for verification. The documents must be originals, no photocopies can be accepted. It is advised that an extra document is brought to be verified as back up to the first three. Normally a passport, birth certificate (dated within 12 months of the date of birth), driving license and financial statement, but not one from an online bank (dated within the last three months) are suitable. Ruth Hughes 07545 924992 email@example.com
At verification you will be asked to complete and sign a Consent Form which you will leave with the Document Verifier who will send it to the England Netball Compliance and Inclusion Department. The Consent Form is your agreement to supply England Netball with your DBS certificate if required.
- Payment. DBS cost is £11.40. You can pay online with your card, or using your Paypal account.
The initial process is now complete and you will receive your DBS certificate at your home address in 4-6 weeks.
Further help can be found here
Shropshire Netball Development Officer